Also covered are 100+ healthcare AI startups.
Today, we discuss sandwiches, autonomous driving handbags, Amazon’s increased investment activity, and more, including:
- As PayPal copies Square’s strategy, what’s that mean for M&A?
- JAB Holdings is an insurgent in the food & beverage space. Watch out.
- Amazon is now moving into insurance
- Smart luggage is tough. That’s why it needs AI.
- The healthcare AI startup scene is hot
PayPal is copying the Square playbook
The iZettle deal, which was PayPal’s largest acquisition, marked a move into physical retail, given iZettle’s point-of-sale technology.
Yesterday, PayPal did a smaller deal acquiring Jetlore, which works with online retailers such as Uniqlo and Nordstrom Rack to deliver personalized customer experiences to increase sales and loyalty. Jetlore is being added to PayPal’s Marketing Solutions, highlighting that PayPal is taking a page out of Square’s playbook and building out its other services for retailers.