Funding to payment startups exploded in 2014, more than doubling from 2013. As investment pours in, more VCs are becoming involved in prominent payments companies.
We used CB Insights’ Board of Directors search to highlight some of the most prominent investors and board members in the payments industry. Below is a graphic listing 6 of the venture investors most involved in payments and their corresponding board seats. Heading up our list is Matt Harris of Bain Capital Ventures, who sits on the board of 5 payments companies including Billtrust, Dwolla, and TxVia. The investors on our list come from a variety of top firms including Sequoia Capital, Index Ventures, Highland Capital Partners, and Bain Capital Ventures.
|Investor||Firm||Select Payments Board Seats|
||Billtrust, Dwolla, Chrome River Technologies, OpenFin|
|James Robinson||OLO, Achex, Boom Financial|
|Peter Bell||Bitnet Technologies, WePay, LevelUp|
|Michael Moritz||Green Dot, Stripe, Klarna|
|Jan Hammer||Adyen, OANDA, BitPay|
Want more information on payments companies? Check out our venture capital database below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity