Talking hyper-growth, lessons learned from failure, and insurance industry inside baseball with Parker Conrad, CEO and co-founder of Zenefits.
The multi-trillion dollar insurance industry is under attack from a variety of startups, and none have received more attention or funding than Zenefits. The insurance tech startup has become known as “the fastest growing startup of all-time” and has battled large incumbents like ADP and governments such as Utah’s along the way.
In episode 3 of the CB Insights podcast, we sat down with Parker Conrad, the CEO and co-founder of Zenefits.
A few highlights from the podcast include:
- Parker telling entrepreneurs that sometimes it’s best to know when to give up.
- The prediction that insurance brokers will be gone in 10 years.
- The hardest things about running a hyper-growth company.
Feature image credit: JD Lasica, Flickr.
Want more insurance tech data? Check out our new vertical offering around insurance tech, Insurance Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity