One of the things we’ve highlighted in prior analyses is that the glut of angels & micro-VCs may ultimately be a good thing for mid-sized and large VC firms who are essentially outsourcing risk to these early investors.
So it was good to see Andy Rachleff, a co-founder of Benchmark Capital, argue this in a new post about why angel investors don’t make money (except for these top angel investors). We’ve added this and another of Andy’s pieces along with a couple of others to our employee onboarding reading list in a section called “Understanding Venture Capital & Angel Investment”.
Those looking for a cheat sheet of sources to follow for VC, tech, M&A and emerging industry intelligence should check it out. Of course, if you have other recommendations of articles or sources, leave them in the comments or let me know.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity