This funding will help OpenSesame to expand globally. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
OpenSesame, an e-learning platform for workforce training, has raised $50M in a Series D that drew participation from JMI Equity, Altos Ventures, and FTV Capital.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- Oregon-based OpenSesame is an online corporate training marketplace with 20,000 courses covering topics ranging from cybersecurity and fork safety to diversity and inclusion.
- The company caters to customers such as Siemens, Caterpillar, and McDonald’s, among others.
- The platform features paid courses created by providers such as Harvard Business Publishing and TED Conferences.
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global e-learning market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 21% to reach a value of $1T by 2027, according to Global Market Insights.
- The introduction of advanced technologies such as AI, VR, and LMS into the education space will further boost the market’s performance during the forecast period.