NYC’s startup ecosystem dubbed Silicon Alley is moving on up it seems with VC funding and deal statistics from CB Insights showing the city’s startup hub migrating north and east. Our friends at the NY Post ran an article on the trend using CB Insights data and dubbed the new NYC starup home as “Silicon Park” and suggested specifically that NYC’s new startup epicenter is on “Park Avenue between 32nd and 33rd streets” where Gilt Groupe resides.
Specifically, the NY Post found using our data that NYC zip code 10016 was NYC’s big winner with $351 million of venture capital flowing to the zip code since 2009. Below is a map using our data of funding and deal levels by NYC neighborhood.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity