CB Insights tracks hiring activity of private companies as growth in headcount is an obvious indication of company growth and health. This data along with data about web traffic, mobile app data, social media mentions and other Performance Metrics are available on the CBI platform. In addition to crawling job and career pages as well as job boards, we also have built machine learning software to handle news classification of HR articles.
Using our hiring data, we’ve identified the ten NY companies that are hiring the most. ZocDoc, rumored to be raising a $150M+ round of financing that values the company at nearly $1.6B, placed first in terms of hiring activity.
Quirky and Etsy rounded out the top 3. Quirky’s most recent fundraising was a $69M Series D in 2013, while Etsy, a company many believe to be a prime tech IPO pipeline candidate in the near future, last raised $40M in 2012 from Union Square Ventures, Index Ventures, Accel Partners, and Hubert Burda Media.
The rankings of NY’s fastest growing private tech companies is below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity