This past week, high growth private company financing saw a decline in deal volume (89 deals) with an improvement in total funding ($299.5 million) vs. the prior week. California was still the top location for funding bringing in 50% of the total funding. Washington took over the second spot with a second consecutive week of strong funding and deal flow. The top 5 funding league table was rounded out by North Carolina, Massachusetts and New Jersey. North Carolina set a new high for weekly funding and returned to the top 5 rankings for the first time since May. This past week was only the second time in the past six months that New Jersey has made the list. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity