The funding helps Ninja Van achieve unicorn status at a valuation of $1B. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Ninja Van, a logistics and delivery provider, has raised $578M in a Series E. The round drew participation from Alibaba Group, Dynamic Parcel Distribution, B Capital Group, Zamrud Sovereign Wealth Fund, and Monk’s Hill Ventures.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- Singapore-based Ninja Van offers technology-driven last-mile delivery and logistics services for e-commerce enterprises, local blogshops, and online media sellers.
- The company reportedly serves more than 97M customers, facilitating the delivery of over 1.7M parcels to 100M recipients daily. It has over 600,000 shippers and caters to local and global brands, including Unilever, Bukalapak, Tokopedia, Shopee, Zalora, and PT Tokopedia.
- It has operations across more than 6 countries in South East Asia, including Singapore, the Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, and Vietnam.
- Ninja Van is currently supported by 61,000 employees, and this figure includes delivery personnel.
Source: Ninja Van
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global logistics market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.5% and reach a value of $12.98T by 2027, according to Allied Market Research.
- The pandemic accelerated the growth of online retail in 2020 and caused an increase in demand for consumer packaged goods, medical supplies, and other consumer goods — all of which boosted market growth.
- The global supply chain and logistics technology segment witnessed more than 400 deals in 2020.