Sign up here for free for our daily email of all of NY and Massachusetts’ VC, growth equity and angel financings.
Last quarter, we observed that New York has become #2 destination for Tech venture capital beating Massachusetts every quarter in that category since Q2 2010. In our Q1 2011 quarterly venture capital report, we extended the analysis to include venture capital investment from Q1 2011, and the trend clearly continues.
Want access to all of the NY and Massachusetts company and investor data that was used to compile the above chart? Sign up for free access here.
Specifically, over the last six quarters dating back to Q4 2009, New York has seen $1.60B in venture tech investment across 261 deals, while Massachusetts has seen $1.44B in venture tech investment across 250 deals. Please note that this analysis is done in-line with the CB Insights standard taxonomy. This means that we’re including Internet, Mobile, Software (non-internet/mobile), Computer Hardware/Services and Electronics (which includes semiconductors for example) to arrive at the aggregate Tech VC investment figures above.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity