Of all the major venture capital markets, New York’s venture capital scene is the most tethered to a single sector – internet. We’d recently commented on the relative diversity of Texas’ venture capital landscape and the top two states for venture capital – California and Massachusetts – show deals across a variety of sectors.
Is NY’s sector homogeneity from a venture capital deals perspective a good, bad or ultimately irrelevant statistic? Let us know what you think. Here’s some data so you can compare NY vs. California and Massachusetts below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity