In a recent interview, Andreessen Horowitz Partner Chris Dixon said that New York would produce ten $1B+ valuation companies in the next five years, and named several of his portfolio companies as three of them (Buzzfeed, Stack Exchange, and Kickstarter). But what about the other seven?
We used CB Insights data including Company Mosaic to identify 15 possible future NY Unicorns (companies which have already reached a $1B+ valuation were not included). The list ranges from the companies Dixon named, to large pre-IPO companies like ZocDoc to hot mid-stage companies like BlueApron and ClassPass which raised 3 rounds of financing at ludicrous speed, i.e., within 18 months.
The full list below.
Want more data around New York’s top companies? Login to CB Insights or sign up for free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity