After last raising Series C funding back in August 2011, ZocDoc appears to be raising a huge new nine-figure round which would make the digital health company the most valuable tech startup in New York.
Given ZocDoc’s raise and rumors of an even larger mega-round swirling for fat content startup Buzzfeed, we used CB Insights data to take a look at the most well-funded venture-backed companies in New York. And based on the data, ZocDoc’s latest round would put it in the top 2 behind one-time NY startup darling Fab.com.
The chart below highlights the most well-funded NY tech companies – as well as ZocDoc after its projected raise. In aggregate, the 10 companies have already raised nearly $2B. Of note, Khosla and DST Global-backed ZocDoc isn’t NY’s only highly bankrolled digital health company – Oscar and Flatiron Health also rank in the top 10 after raising significant rounds in the last year.
From a valuation standpoint, four of the top 10 most well-funded companies rank in the exclusive billion-dollar club (or depending on your perspective, semi-exclusive billion dollar club). The companies are ZocDoc, Gilt, MongoDB and AppNexus. Fab was valued at over a billion dolllars prior to its fall from grace.
Want more data around New York’s tech ecosystem? Check out the CB Insights Venture Capital Database. Sign up free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity