CB Insights FundingFlash is the industry’s most comprehensive and real-time daily roundup of companies receiving venture capital, growth equity or angel funding. This morning’s CB Insights FundingFlash highlighted 28 companies who received a total of $171.8 million of financing in the last day and included news of Nano-Terra’s financing, a Cambridge, Massachusetts-based company.
Nano-Terra, a Cambridge, Massachusetts company, is a nano- and micro-technology development firm whose technology platform’s key components include soft lithography, self-assembly, surface chemistry and fluidics. It was reported in this morning’s FundingFlash to have raised over $17 million. Nano-Terra’s capabilities are based on the innovations of Dr. George Whitesides, a professor at Harvard University, who serves as the company’s Chairman and Head of their Scientific Advisory Board.
As of the writing of this brief, North Bridge Venture Partners is likely to have participated and led the investment. Dr. Carmichael Roberts of North Bridge serves as the Vice Chairman of Nano-Terra.
We will periodically highlight companies receiving funding on our Research Briefs page. If, however, you’d like to receive a comprehensive email every morning which details the 20-40 companies per day receiving venture capital, growth equity or angel funding, we recommend you sign up for CB Insights FundingFlash.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity