The funding will help Nacelle accelerate its product development. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Nacelle, an e-commerce infrastructure platform, has raised $50M in Series B funding from Tiger Global Management.
How’s the company performing?
- Santa Monica-based Nacelle helps vendors create an e-commerce technology stack. The company’s “headless” architecture separates the back-end nuts and bolts from the ways customers interact with a shopping platform.
- The company’s customers include Lola, Thinx, Barefoot Dreams, Something Navy, and ILIA Beauty, among others.
- Nacelle saw a 690% year-over-year surge in revenue.
Why does the market matter?
- The e-commerce market is growing at a CAGR of 14.7% and is expected to reach $27.15T by 2027, according to Grand View Research.
- Investment in e-commerce initiatives has accelerated, with e-commerce companies raising $16.9B in Q2’21, a quarter-over-quarter increase of 31%.
- The Covid-19 pandemic has caused many small-scale businesses and consumers to move online. As of May 2020, the market for online orders had grown by 54% since January 2020 in the US, as per Emarsys and GoodData.