Since being the most highly valued private company is now a thing folks brag about, here are the 10 venture-backed private companies with the largest valuations.
[Tweet “The 10 most valuable private VC-backed companies are led by Uber, Airbnb, Dropbox & Xiaomi”]
Notes: For last round size, if a round had multiple closings (for example, Dropbox’s Series C which had a first close of $200M and a second of $150M), we used a cumulative total. Xiaomi’s latest round size was not disclosed.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity