Successful tech companies are emerging all over the world, and VCs are following suit. We highlighted global investment and activity in our Q2 2015 Venture Capital Report, including the top investors in each of the world’s top three regions for VC activity: North America, Europe, and Asia.
NEA continues to be the most active investor in North America, with more than 35 deals this quarter alone, including financings to mattress maker Casper Sleep and health insurance-recommendation platform Stride Health. Four other investors invested in more than 20 companies this quarter and also made it into the top five: Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel Partners, and Foundry Group. Google Ventures was sixth in the most-active rankings.
Germany-based High-Tech Gruenderfonds was the most active investor in Europe, with investments in more than 10 companies in Q2’15. Mercia Fund Management was a close second, making almost all of its deal at the early stage this quarter, with the exception of its participation in PsiOxus Therapeutics‘ Series C funding round. Index Ventures also made the list, fresh off raising its $700M+ growth fund .
3 of the top 5 investors in Asia were US-based companies with operations in Asia: Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, and 500 Startups. Both of Sequoia’s Asia divisions (India and China) made the list of top investors. SAIF Partners was the most active VC headquartered in Asia itself, followed by Indonesia-focused East Ventures. Want more Q2 2015 venture capital data? Check out our report and sign up for our venture capital database below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity