Corporate venture capital investors got very busy in Q1 2014 – participating in 129 financing deals totaling $3.01 billion in funding. We broke down the corporate venture groups that invested in the highest number of companies across the venture ecosystem last quarter.
Topping the list of most active corporate venture arms was Google Ventures. Of note, the prolific CVC participated in over twice as many U.S.-based deals over the three-month period as second place Intel Capital.
Rounding out the top 5 were Mitsui Global Investment, Cisco Investments and SAP Ventures. Just two healthcare-focused CVCs made the top 10 ranking – Lilly Ventures (Eli Lilly & Company) and GlaxoSmithKline’s SR One. The full list is below.
To see more highlights from the CB Insights Corporate Venture Capital Activity Report – Q1 2014, click here.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity