Rumors emerged earlier this month that Google was in talks to acquire WhatsApp for $1B. Based on WhatsApp’s rumored valuation and implied price/user multiple, we analyzed other private mobile messaging companies to forecast possible valuations for these other firms.
We found five companies with forecasted valuations ranging from $200M to $875M with an average of $415M. These companies which have been backed by a host of notable venture capital firms including Institutional Venture Partners, Intel Capital, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Union Square Ventures are comprised of…
How do I access this research?
CB Insider Research is exclusively available to Group and Company-level subscribers.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity