Messari will use the funding to grow its engineering & product teams and build tools for decentralized autonomous organizations. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Messari, a crypto analytics and research firm, has raised $21M in a Series A funding round. The round drew participation from Point72 Ventures, Uncork Capital, Tom Glocer, and Winklevoss Capital, among others.
How’s the company performing?
- New York-based Messari’s crypto analytics tools and research database enables investors to explore opportunities in the emerging asset class.
- The company provides compliance products, qualitative and quantitative data, and research for cryptocurrency funds, token creators, infrastructure providers, and, more recently, for institutional investors and decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
- The company’s clients include Coinbase, Chainalysis, Gemini, and BlockTower, among others.
Why does the market matter?
- The cryptocurrency market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% and reach $2.2B by 2026, according to Markets and Markets.
- The cryptocurrency market comprises a variety of industries, including peer-to-peer payments, remittances, e-commerce & retail, and media & entertainment.
- Increasing global scrutiny and an appetite for risk-mitigating tools and transparency across cryptocurrency assets are driving crypto analytics growth.