We outline the market outlook for patient-directed scheduling and navigation in the healthcare industry — from investment trends, to leading companies, to recommendations for the players in the space.
What is patient-directed scheduling and navigation?
Patient-directed scheduling and navigation platforms engage patients in choosing appointments, timing, and providers. Solutions in this category increasingly include conversational artificial intelligence/machine learning and chatbots to gather information, collect pre-appointment paperwork, and provide triage guidance.
Features & capabilities
Patient-directed scheduling and navigation provide healthcare providers with several capabilities, including the following:
- Omnichannel patient appointment reminders, confirmation, and rescheduling workflows
- Self-service registration
- Healthcare navigation and marketplace platforms
- Distribution and analysis of surveys and screenings for health needs, risk assessments, and patient experiences
- Access to ratings and information on providers
- Advanced appointment reminders