We outline the market outlook for e-commerce fulfillment & logistics in the retail industry — from investment trends and leading companies to recommendations for the players in the space.
What is e-commerce fulfillment & logistics?
E-commerce fulfillment & logistics providers help retailers quickly and easily fulfill online orders through a suite of offerings. Services can include access to fulfillment centers to enable distributed inventory, express shipping, order and inventory management, and reporting and analytics dashboards.
Features & capabilities
E-commerce fulfillment & logistics provide retailers with several capabilities, including the following:
- On-demand delivery services
- Routing and logistics technology
- Omnichannel fulfillment solutions
- Self-service returns portal
- Flexible warehousing solutions
- Real-time transportation visibility
E-commerce fulfillment & logistics companies offer these substantial benefits to retailers:
- Reduced cost of fulfillment service
- Reduced cost of delivery
- Reduced transit time
- Decreased overall freight costs
- Improved customer experience
- Improved workforce efficiency