The vast majority of venture capital activity in the state of New York has gone to companies based in Manhattan, specifically 84% of dollars and 92% of deals over the last 10 quarters have gone to Manhattan-based companies. And although still relatively small, it seems that Brooklyn’s VC activity is on the rise. Total funding in Q2 2012 hit a ten-quarter high and was twice the level of the next highest quarter and deals also came in at a four quarter highmark as well. Q2 2012 also saw Manhattan display deal strength as the island matched its own ten-quarter high on a deals basis as well.
No activity of note was found in Shaolin, Q-boro or the Boogie Down aka Staten Island, Queens or the Bronx.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity