The funding puts the company’s valuation at $489M. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Malt, a freelancer marketplace, has raised $98M in a Series B with participation from Eurazeo, Serena Capital, ISAI, and Goldman Sachs Growth Equity.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- France-based Malt is a freelancer marketplace that allows companies to find local contractors. Developers, designers, project managers, data scientists, and others can connect for fixed-term job opportunities in related fields.
- The company has 160,000 registered project owners and 250,000 freelancers on its platform. Malt also partners with 30,000 companies.
- The company’s customers include McKinsey, Unilever, BlaBlaCar, L’Oréal, Lufthansa, Bosch, and Allianz, among others.
- The company has 200 employees and expects to double its revenue in 2021.
HOW DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The freelance platform market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.9% to reach a value of $5.03B by 2025, according to Market Insight Reports.
- Increasing digitization and remote work as well as reduced infrastructure expenditure have contributed to industry growth.
Want the full post? Become a CB Insights customer.
If you’re already a customer, log in here.