Laminar plans to use the funding to support its sales and marketing efforts. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Laminar, a public cloud data security provider, has raised $30M in an extended Series A. The round drew participation from Salesforce Ventures and Tiger Global Management.
How’s the company performing?
- Israel-based Laminar provides public cloud data observability and leakage detection services.
- Along with the funding, the company unveiled 3 new capabilities: added support for Microsoft Azure, a suite of data-centric policies, and the ability to identify and classify data in self-hosted, embedded databases.
- Since its launch, Laminar has discovered over 13B sensitive data records and protected more than 27K data assets.
- Laminar is headquartered in New York and has a research and development center in Tel Aviv.
Why does the market matter?
- The global cloud security market is expected to reach $77.5B by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 13.7%, according to Markets and Markets.
- The increased adoption of cloud computing as well as the rise of more sophisticated cyberattacks have contributed to market growth.
- The acceleration of digital transformation initiatives amid the pandemic drove up cloud computing adoption, which has increased the demand for cloud security solutions.
Want the full post? Become a CB Insights customer.
If you’re already a customer, log in here.