Kajabi's latest funding round valued the skill-sharing platform at $2B. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Kajabi, an e-commerce platform for knowledge-based businesses, has raised $550M in a funding round that drew participation from Tiger Global Management, TPG, and Tidemark among others.
How’s the company performing?
- California-based Kajabi provides users with subscription-based services to monetize their expertise. It includes tools to create knowledge-sharing media like websites, classes, podcasts, and newsletters.
- Since 2010, Kajabi’s platform has catered to over 40,000 entrepreneurs and 50M+ students across 120 countries.
- The company’s revenue has seen triple-digit year-over-year growth.
- Kajabi’s employee count has doubled in the past year and it currently has more than 200 employees.
Why does the market matter?
- Annual spending on education technology is projected to reach $342B by 2025, according to HolonIQ.
- Increased penetration of digital devices and the pandemic-induced growth of online education are some of the key enablers of this growth.
- With online learning replacing traditional methods of teaching, the self-help market, currently valued at $11B, is further contributing to industry’s growth.