To receive weekly dealflow data and news of high growth private companies, sign up for the free CB Insights newsletter.
In our Q1 2010 Venture Capital Activity Report, we noted an atypical diversity in the states receiving venture capital investment. While California, Massachusetts and New York remained the top three states for deals and dollars, there were nine other states that had at least 10 venture deals in the quarter. Those states included Texas, New Jersey, Washington, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Minnesota and Connecticut.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity