Get access via the Early Access Program to see the Seed and Series A deal data underlying this analysis. You can also use the Investor Search filters on the Investor Deal Search tab to see which venture capital firms are making seed and series A internet investments.
With the cost to build an internet business coming down, are venture capitalists increasingly making smaller seed investments in internet companies vs. traditional Series A investments? Based on recent data compiled by CB Insights, seed investments in internet companies are becoming more prevalent when it comes to early stage investing.
The data below illustrates the increase over the last 3 quarters in the % of seed deals vs Series A deals.
Median deal sizes for each type of deal are given below which demonstrate that the Seed vs. Series A distinction is not merely a semantics thing.
Existing Subscribers: Login to CB Insights to view median and Series A internet deals and see which venture capital firms are making seed and series A internet investments.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity