A growing slice of deals to Internet of Things startups are going to applications relevant to asset-heavy industries, including manufacturing, logistics, mining, oil, utilities and agriculture.
We used CB Insights data to compare quarterly financing to the IoT and industrial IoT (IIoT), in order to visualize the industrial share of overall IoT funding,
IIoT companies have taken an increasingly larger piece of the overall IoT pie. In 2011, IIoT accounted for 17% of all funding dollars. Fast-forward to 2015, and IIoT accounted for 40% of investment in the year.
Most recently, Q1’16 saw more than one-third of IoT funding going to industrial-focused startups.
Check out the graphic below:
Want more data about top Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) companies? Log in to CB Insights, or sign up below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity