Among tech buzzwords, Internet of Things is currently one of the favorites ( Big Data is up there too). But the Internet of Things or IoT is not really an industry and is more of a theme with IoT companies attacking a wide variety of industry challenges. We put together a map of IoT startups that are attacking different industries. While companies like Lockitron and Canary aim to automate your home, Proteus Digital Health and AdhereTech are trying to revolutionize medicine by improving patient monitoring. Below are some of the areas that IoT startups are attacking with a small sampling of companies for each IoT segment.
Track Internet of Things companies and their financing and exit history easily. Sign up for CB Insights or login to your account.
Comic credit to Chronic Malpractice
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity