As India’s tech scene continues to heat up to the tune of $1.36B in funding across 69 deals in Q1’15, hedge funds, mutual funds, and other crossover investors (asset management, family office, advisory) have drastically stepped up their activity in India. In fact, Q1’15 saw more activity from these crossover investors than any of the previous eight quarters, as 24 investments were made in rounds that totaled $611M. Q2’15 looks to keep pace with that trend, as in just April, 9 deals in India Tech have featured a crossover investor, and rounds featuring these investors have totaled $700M.
No investor has been more active than Tiger Global Management, which has invested in five of the nine deals thus far in Q2’15, including Olacabs’ $400M Series E, and Quikr’s $150M Series H which valued the company at $1B. See Tiger Global vs other Tiger Cubs.
See below for the full quarterly trend.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity