India outpaced China for venture capital-backed tech investments in Q1’15, with 69 in Q1’15 versus China’s 66. India also saw the most deal growth of the top countries, at 60%.
Japan saw the third-most tech deals in Q1 2015, with 28, down from 34 in the same quarter a year prior.
Overall the top 3 countries accounted for 66% of all deals to VC-backed tech companies in Asia in Q1.
Want more info around Asian tech financings? Login to CB Insights or sign up for free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity