High growth private company financing collapsed to the lowest single week of financing since March of this year. Deal volume was down as well from last week but remained respectable with nearly 100 deals. Massachusetts fell out of the top 5 funding league table for a second consecutive week. Although California set a new low for 2010 with less than $90M in financing, it still retained the top spot in the funding league table. New York retained the second spot with the strongest week of financing it has seen in the past 11 weeks. The top 5 rankings were rounded out by Michigan, Illinois, and Colorado, with Illinois returning to the top 5 for a second week. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity