High growth private company financing rebounded as deal volume nearly doubled compared to the week prior and funding exceeded $450 million. Massachusetts fell out of the top 5 funding league table for the first time in fourteen weeks. It was no surprise that California was the top spot for financing. New York trailed behind California; it was the second consecutive week New York placed second in funding. The top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Illinois, Texas and the seldom-seen Florida. Illinois returns to the top 5 after making a big splash in private company financing in the first half of 2010; Texas continues to solidify its position as a prominent location for financing. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity