Within the software sector, healthcare focused software has been showing increasing life over the last three quarters as the graph below demonstrates.
As can be seen, dealflow has doubled and dollars invested increased by nearly a factor of six.
From a geographic perspective, venture capital investments in healthcare software in Q1 2010 were driven by clear leader, Massachusetts. The state is a perennial powerhouse (typically #2 behind California) in healthcare investments (primarily medical devices and biotech) so the state’s venture investment totals in healthcare software are not all that surprising.
Login to CB Insights to see the healthcare software companies garnering venture capital investment and to understand the primary areas of focus for these companies.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity