2013 was a stellar year for venture capital-backed healthcare IPOs. And if early tallies are any indication, 2014 looks to continue the hot streak of venture-backed healthcare offerings.
Already in 2014 year-to-date, twelve U.S.-based venture-backed healthcare companies have gone public. The largest of the healthcare IPOs by valuation at the time of exit was Novato, California-based biotech company Ultragenyz Pharmaceutical, which was backed by investors including Healthcap Venture Capital, Fidelity Biosciences and TPG Biotech.
U.S.-based venture capital investors that have notched two healthcare IPOs in 2014 already include New Enterprise Associates, Alta Partners, Domain Associates, Skyline Ventures and Polaris Partners. Corporate venture capital arms that have notched two 2014 healthcare IPOs include Novartis Venture Funds, SR One, Johnson & Johnson Development Corp. and Sanofi-Genzyme BioVentures.
The full list of VC-backed healthcare IPOs in 2014 along with select investors is below.
For more healthcare financing and exit data and interactive rankings, check out the CB Insights Venture Capital Database. Sign up for free below.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity