We recently posted analysis on early stage Green Software investments with our partners at Green Capital Empire. As a follow up to this, we’ve compiled a list of the top 10 investors in Green Software. This ranking was calculated by the count of unique Green Software companies invested in (rather than overall investments or investment dollars).
Topping off our list was VantagePoint Capital Partners, who’s investments ran the gamut of early and late stage funding. 2012 deals included a $1.25M Seed deal for ByteLight, an start up specializing in energy efficient lighting and indoor mapping applications. Additionally, VantagePoint Capital Partners joined Clean Energy Venture Group, Massachusetts Clean Energy Center and Black Coral Capital to fund a whopping $18.21M Series D deal for Next Step Living.
Black Coral Capital, notably the only Private Equity firm that made the list, focused more on later stage funding which included a $2.5M Series C – II deal for Powerit Solutions, a start up developing energy management technologies for industrial and commercial applications.
See the full list after the jump.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity