Nest Labs is the largest private company acquired by Google in it history. In fact, outside of once publicly-traded Motorola Mobility, Google’s largest acquisitions have all been for private companies including YouTube, Waze and, now, Bessemer Venture Partners and Khosla Ventures-backed Skybox Imaging and Accel-backed Dropcam.
Note: For a complete list of Google’s acquisitions, updated in real time, see our Google acquisitions tracker.
Looking at where Google’s 10 largest-ranked private company acquisitions rank by valuation over time shows that four of Google’s 10 largest-ranked private company acquisitions have come in 2014 YTD including Waze, Dropcam and Skybox. 6 companies on the list were acquired since the start of 2011.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity