Also covered are the rise of the mega-round and battery startups looking ready for purchase.
Today, we’re talking about the popularity of smart speakers, potential Walmart acquisitions, startups creating the smart city, and more:
- Google Home is beating Amazon Echo on multiple fronts
- SoftBank is not doing the most $100M+ financings
- Will buying this company help Walmart compete with Netflix and Amazon?
- Potential acquisitions in the battery space
- 100+ startups making cities smarter
Google Home overtakes Amazon Echo
The Amazon Echo is the most popular voice assistant, but among public company execs, it appears Google’s push into the smart speaker/voice assistant market is paying off. Over the past year and a half since Google launched its device, CEOs have started paying a lot more attention to the Google Home device on earnings calls.