Earlier this week, GigaOM Pro issued the Venture Capital Investing in the Mobile and Wireless Industry, Q2 2010 by analyst Peter Crocker based on venture capital funding and deal data by CB Insights. We’re excited to be partnering with GigaOm Pro in ways that leverage and combine our data with their team’s unique expert commentary and insights.
We encourage you to check out the 32-page report’s table of contents here. A brief on the report is given below as well.
Tremendous changes in the global economy, the mobile and wireless industry and the VC market over the past four quarters have been significant and apparent. The U.S. stock market is recovering after touching 12-year lows. Smartphone use is exploding, while the VC industry is struggling with lackluster returns. These trends are reflected in venture capital firms’ funding activity in the mobile and wireless space. In this report, we examine venture capital investment over the second quarter of 2010 with an eye on which sectors have attracted the most attention, and which areas are likely to continue to see growth in the coming months.
GigaOM Pro gives you insider access to expert industry insights on emerging markets. Focused on delivering highly relevant and timely research to the people who need it most, our analysis, reports and original research come from the most respected voices in the industry. Whether you’re beginning to learn about a new market or are an industry insider, GigaOM Pro addresses the need for relevant, illuminating insights into the industry’s most dynamic markets.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity