Private company financing rose to $379 million on 108 deals recorded in the past week (versus $363 million and 115 deals in the prior week). California was the top location for funding during the week followed by Pennsylvania. This is the second consecutive week that Pennsylvania has made the funding top five and is its single largest week of funding since June. The Top 5 funding league table was rounded out by Massachusetts, Texas and Arizona. Activity is picking up in Massachusetts, as funding was 80% higher and deals doubled compared to the prior week. Texas made its first appearance on the list in the still young fourth quarter. The funding list continues to introduce new players as Arizona joins for the first time this year. Finally, while New York placed seventh in funding this past week, it should be noted that the Empire State was third overall in deal volume. Interactive charts on the past week’s dealflow are below (they may take a second to load). To see profiles on the private companies receiving funding in the last week, logon to CB Insights.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity