The major tech markets in the US — California, New York, and Massachusetts — are home to over 50% of all VCs that invested in the US in Q2’15.
Unsurprisingly, California led all states with 36% of all active VCs calling the Golden State home. Meanwhile, Illinois, Texas, and Michigan topped the “other US” group which includes all the other 47 states, and accounted for 27% of all VCs investing in US-based companies in Q2’15.
International investors accounted for 18% of all VCs investing the US, with investors from the UK and Israel being most prevalent among the overseas investors.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity