Visa, Intuit, Morgan Stanley, Lending Club, and Ally each participated in a blockbuster acquisition in Q1’20. Here are 4 key takeaways about how public markets players are thinking about the future of financial services.
2020 is off to a strong start, with consolidation and M&A taking place across the broader financial services ecosystem.
Within the first two months of the year, the following acquisitions occurred:
- Visa bought Plaid for $5.3B
- Intuit acquired Credit Karma for $7.1B
- Morgan Stanley purchased E-Trade for $13B
- Lending Club bought Radius Bank for $185M
- Ally Financial acquired CardWorks for $2.65B