One of the ways savvy financial services firms are trying to separate the signal from the noise is via feeds that alert them to the Fin Tech activity of smart VCs.
We’re seeing a number of financial services firms (banks, credit card, insurance, consumer finance companies, etc) waking up to the changes occurring and coming as a result of emerging Fin Tech companies and technologies.
Some are tracking the Fin Tech space and looking at these companies from an M&A or investment perspective, but more often than not, it is strategy/innovation teams or folks from the CTO’s office. Their focus areas include:
- Understanding disruptive emerging trends and technologies that may impact their business
- Identifying specific tech companies they should be partnering with or buying technology from
- Stalking the moves of their competitive peers within the Fin Tech space
While tracking the entire Fin Tech investment & startup ecosystem is useful (we’ve tracked 512 financing and exits in 2014 already), one of the ways savvy financial services firms are trying to separate the signal from the noise is via feeds that alert them to the Fin Tech activity of smart VCs.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity