High-momentum startups like Bowery and Bright Farms are shortening supply chains with modular, tech-enabled indoor farms.
The SoftBank Group’s much-hyped Vision Fund recently announced it would lead a $200M investment into Plenty, a startup focused on indoor vertical farming. The deal highlights growth in startups aiming to optimize indoor farming, promising lower water usage, higher crop yields, improved crop flavor and nutrition, and shorter supply chains when compared to traditional farming.
Beyond Plenty, we highlighted startups working on indoor farming technologies in our recent Feeding the Future report. These startups are using AI, IoT, and other new tools along with hydroponic and aeroponic growing methods. Check out a preview below, and download the full report here.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity