This news comes on the heels of its Series C round. The company plans to use the funds to support geographical expansion, particularly in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
Fabric, a headless e-commerce platform provider, has raised $140M in a Series C round that drew participation from SoftBank Group, Forerunner Ventures, and Glynn Capital Management, among others.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- Washington-based Fabric enables brands and retailers to unify product, pricing, and order data across sales channels and deliver omnichannel e-commerce experiences to their customers.
- The company currently has 280 employees, up 6x from September 2020.
- Fabric has 60+ customers, including McDonald’s, Chico’s, The Honest Company, and TriMark.
- The company offers over 300 e-commerce APIs.
- In 2021, Fabric launched a B2B scalable commerce platform and saw its revenue grow 4.5x year-over-year.
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global e-commerce market is expected to reach a value of $16.22T by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 22.9%, according to Meticulous Market Research.
- E-commerce adoption has increased considerably over the past year — in fact, e-commerce sales shot up 35% YoY in 2021, according to McKinsey. This has compelled retailers and brands to turn to e-commerce enablement tools to develop and enhance their digital properties.
- Given Amazon’s dominance in the online retail market, retailers are turning to solutions that enable them to differentiate their offerings through personalization, distinctive convenience, sustainability, and more.
Want the full post? Become a CB Insights customer.
If you’re already a customer, log in here.