As VC investment activity to European Tech companies reaches new highs, US VCs are increasingly taking notice. In 2014, 106 unique US-based VCs invested in European Tech companies. The number of US venture capitalists investing in Europe marked a three-year high.
It looks like 2015 may reach new highs, as through the first 4 months of 2015, 54 US VCs have already invested in a European Tech equity financing. In fact, 3 of the 5 largest deals in Q1 2015 featured a US-based VC, including financings to HelloFresh, SigFox, and WorldRemit.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity