ESG Book plans to use the funds to accelerate platform adoption. Here are the top-line bullets you need to know.
ESG Book, a sustainability data provider for financial services, has raised $35M in a Series B. The round drew participation from Allianz X, Energy Impact Partners, and Meridiam.
HOW’S THE COMPANY PERFORMING?
- UK-based ESG Book offers ESG (environmental, social, and governance) data for financial organizations.
- It enables companies to access ESG data from more than 25K global firms. Some of its clients include Dow Jones, Google Cloud, HSBC, Citi, and Accenture.
- It maintains offices across Tokyo, Singapore, Delhi, London, Frankfurt, and Boston.
- ESG Book clients collectively have around $120T in assets under management.
Source: ESG Book
WHY DOES THE MARKET MATTER?
- The global environmental health and safety market is expected to reach a value of $8.9B by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7.4%, according to Markets and Markets.
- The rise of carbon emissions regulations, increased focus on compliance, and greater awareness of business risks stemming from climate change have all contributed to industry growth.