Venture capital funding to the energy storage sector fell to $34 million in Q2 2012, a ten-quarter low. Since Q2 2011, deals are down 76% and funding dropped 89%. Meanwhile, deal activity is still low, failing to regain highs seen in Q2 2011 and remain range-bound and similar to levels seen in Q4 2011 which represented a 10 quarter low for energy storage deal activity.
This report was created with data from CB Insights’ emerging technology insights platform, which offers clarity into emerging tech and new business strategies through tools like:
- Earnings Transcripts Search Engine & Analytics to get an information edge on competitors’ and incumbents’ strategies
- Patent Analytics to see where innovation is happening next
- Company Mosaic Scores to evaluate startup health, based on our National Science Foundation-backed algorithm
- Business Relationships to quickly see a company’s competitors, partners, and more
- Market Sizing Tools to visualize market growth and spot the next big opportunity