Interest in remote learning tools and virtual learning has spiked as the pandemic forced education & training to digitize fast. Here's our top education tech, upskilling, enterprise communication, and workforce management research.
Executive attention to virtual training and remote education skyrocketed in 2020, as companies and institutions scrambled to shift to digital methods. Companies ranging from Dollar General to Advance Auto Parts to Titan Pharmaceuticals discussed their remote training initiatives.
To help clients navigate this space, we’ve put together our top education technology and performance management related research, including remote collaboration, upskilling, student education, and employee performance management technologies. It includes market maps, investment patterns, and explainers to help survey the landscape and inform planning and tech buying decisions.
Click the links below to find our most popular briefs in each area.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Education & upskilling
- Communication & collaboration
- Workforce management
Education & upskilling
Funding to edtech startups hit a new high in 2020, surpassing $10B as Covid-19 disrupted traditional learning systems and training methods. The space is forever changed by the pandemic as tech-enabled education becomes widespread. From elementary school students to corporate employees, we dig into the various companies and trends shaping the edtech industry.
- The Edtech Market Map: 100+ Startups Building The Future Of Education
- Reopening: How Tech Could Help Get Students Back In School
- The State Of Edtech Funding
- Education In The Post-Covid World: 6 Ways Tech Could Transform How We Teach And Learn
- 5 Ways Education Is Adopting Artificial Intelligence
- How Virtual Reality Is Transforming Education Tech And Training
- 50+ Companies Rethinking Continuous Education
- Unbundling Harvard: How The Traditional University Is Being Disrupted
Communication & collaboration
Amid the pandemic, and the accompanying surge in remote work, communication and collaboration software has become essential to keeping many businesses running. Once the threat of Covid-19 subsides, it’s likely that many employees may have more flexible schedules and work situations that do not require them to be in the office every day, cementing the importance of these tools going forward. We dive more into enterprise communication and collaboration below.
- Slack For … Everything? 115+ Startups Using The Platform To Enhance Workplace Collaboration
- Big Tech In Enterprise Communication: Microsoft Teams, Facebook Workplace, Amazon Chime, And More
As companies rethink their hiring practices and the stakes rise around workforce productivity, technology is changing how companies across industries approach workforce management. From AR/VR for training to recruiting software, here are our top briefs, reports, and market maps in workforce management.
- Reopening: The Tech-Enabled Office In A Post-Covid World (downloadable report)
- Out Of Office: 65+ Startups Helping You Work From Home
- These Are The Top VCs Investing In HR Tech
- Investor Interest In HR Tech Drops Off In Q1’20
- 9 Startups To Watch In Recruiting Software
- Manufacturing Is Transforming. These 3 Technologies Are Helping The Workforce Keep Up.